In 2019 Metvigator will be back in a different format. This time, Metvigator will be held as a Long Distance Urban Orienteering Event. Crossing the city with multiple route choices, it’ll be thrilling to decide which way to go, without knowing what your opponents will choose!
Courses & Classes
The Race is divided into 2 courses:
- Metvigator (30 km)
- Half-Metvigator (15 km)
Each course contains 5 classes:
- Men’s Single, Women’s Single, Men’s Double, Women’s Double & Mixed
Summing up to 10 classes.
Top 3 individuals/teams in each class will be awarded.
All competitors will receive a finisher medal upon completing the course.
*Minimum age for joining Metvigator (On event day)
- Metvigator (30 km): 16 (Individual Class)
- Metvigator (30 km): 12 (Dual Class, another companion must be above 16)
- Half-Metvigator (15 km): 14 (Individual Class)
- Half-Metvigator (15 km): 12 (Dual Class, another companion must be above 14)
You must bring
- Mobile phone (only for emergency use)
- Spare clothes
- Rain gear
- Water Bottle (no cups at refreshment points)
Early Bird Fee: $200 per person (Registration by 31 October 2018)
Normal Fee: $250 per person (Registration ends by 15 December 2018)
Late Entry Fee: $400 per person (up to on-site before start, subject to map availability)
Fees listed are in Hong Kong Dollars per person, which means the fee for a two person team is 2 x the listed fee.
Entry fee includes baggage deposit, water and food in refreshment point, refreshments after competition, orienteering maps, and renting electronic punch card.
- Competitors have to visit all control points in sequence with the help of compass and map provided by the organiser only.
- Competitors need to estimate distances and choose the best route themselves using the event map. The use of devices which can aid navigation (other than those provided by the organiser) is prohibited, including but not limited to street map, mobile map, walkie-talkie and GPS device.
- Each competitor will have a number bib and each individual/team will receive an electronic punch card. Number bib should be visible at the times.
- Littering is prohibited.
- Competitors should obey traffic laws and pay attention to vehicles.
- Please be courteous in crowded areas.
- If it appears that a competitor is in difficulty or injury, please offer help to him and notify the organiser.
- Competitors taking part in Metvigator means accepting the current rules and ethics of race.
- Competitors violating the above rules may be disqualified. The organiser reserves the right to determine whether a competitor will be disqualified.
Information may be updated as needed without further notice.